Popular Posts

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Diary Of A Breast

Diary of A Breast is a blog about breast cancer and the healing and discovery that occurs when a person (me) decides its not the worst thing in the world and could quite possibly become a great, great gift.
My life had been moving along at a nice pace, with many wonderful opportunities and friends and a freedom to come and go from my two homes, NYC and Costa Rica. I am a young, 34 year old female, educated, healthy, and breast cancer does not run in my family, except for a great grandmother who discovered it in her 60's.  The discovery of it should have been a shock, except, for some reason it wasn't. It has been somehow, an opportunity, to know myself and my life deeper, to speed up certain life changes and to clarify what it is that truly creates fulfillment. It has deepened relationships with friends and family, educated me on science and healing and made me reach into the deepest recesses of my soul to meet what is truer than any ambition, desire, greed or wanting. In short, breast cancer has changed my life forever and so far, all I see in that change is goodness. This blog is about this goodness and this thing called Grace that are far from gone thru, or over just yet.

1 comment: